We're really excited about this Summer at the Greensboro Ballet! We invite you or your dancer to join us in one of our camps, intensives and classes offered throughout the summer.
OPEN to all dance students in Greensboro, the Triad, NC & beyond!
Register by May 1st and receive $10 off or more on your Summer fees with our EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT. Register with a FRIEND to SAVE $5 each on your Summer Camp tuition!
Greensboro Ballet Summer Intensive
July 20 - August 8, Monday-Saturday each week, 9am-4pm each day
Greensboro Ballet is excited to be offering its very own Summer Intensive for Intermdiate Ballet students ages 11 & up and Advanced level students ages 13 & up!
- Ballet, Pointe, Variations, Pas de Deux, Contemporary, Jazz, Modern, Hip-Hop and more
- Taught by our Interim Artistic Director, Jessica McAlister, our Interim School Director, Nina Munda, other Greensboro Ballet faculty and some very special guest teachers (TBA)
- Repertory each day and some social activities have been planned, as well
- Performance on August 8 at Well-Spring Theatre for all those who attend all three weeks of the Summer Intensive
- Attend 1, 2 or the entire 3 weeks: $350 for 1 week, $650 for 2 weeks & $900 for 3 weeks
- Must include half of total due with your Registration. The other half is due by July 15. If wanting to pay only half, you must register in person or by mail (see dowload below)
- Early Bird Discounts: $50 off if registering for 1-2 weeks. $100 off if registering for the entire 3 week session. Must enroll by May 1st to receive the Early Bird Discount.
- A limited number of Scholarships will be available for those with financial need
To Register for our Summer Intensive click HERE.
To download our Summer Intensive Registration Form, click HERE.
Children’s Dance Camps for ages 3-6:
All students must be at least 3 by the time of the camp. Each camp runs from 9am-Noon.
Our very popular and fun week-long camps include creative movement activities with various themes. Dancers will learn basic ballet, work on motor skills, play fun dance games, create theme-related crafts, have a story time and enjoy a snack (that we provide). Parents and friends are invited to a special showing on the last day!
- June 8-12: Princess 1 - Start your summer by believing that your dreams can come true! Cinderella, Jasmine, Tiana, Ariel, Rapunzel and more will be explored in this royal week of dancing. Put on your favorite tiara and get ready to rule over some Summer fun. Sign-up early as our Princess camps always fill up quickly.
- June 22-26: Sampler Camp - We’re offering our very first Sampler Children’s Dance Camp this Summer! Each day, campers will dance a different theme including Princess, Superheroes, Frozen, Nutcracker and Sea & Sand! This is the perfect camp for your child who wants it all and is ready for all the adventure, magic, fun and wonder we can pack into a week!
- July 6-10: Frozen - This very popular dance camp is back! Take a fun break from the heat this Summer and join us for the coolest of camps. Our dancers will explore all things winter: snowflakes, snowballs, icicles and, of course, your friendly neighborhood snowman.
Run, skip & twirl as if you were an icy Queen or Princess dancing through a frosty kingdom.
- July 13-17: Unicorns & Fairies - A magical world of wonder will come to life in this new summer camp. Our Fairies will fly & twirl while their Unicorn friends gallop & leap through a sparkling forest. Our young dancers’ imaginations will be unleashed during this week of fantastical fun!
- July 20-24: Superheroes - Out of this world fun for boys and girls ready to stop evil and save the day. Costumes are welcome to help put our campers into character. Join Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Batman, the Avengers and more as they run, jump and "fly" through a week of action-packed fun.
- July 27-31: Nutcracker - Our youngest students are not able to audition for "The Nutcracker" each year, so this is their chance to explore one of the most beloved ballet stories of all time. Dance with Clara and her friends at her holiday party. March and fight the evil (and sometimes silly) Rat King. Twirl like sparkling snowflakes. And finally, enjoy dances from around the world in the magical Kingdom of Sweets!
- August 3-7: Sea & Sand - Celebrate Summer with this adventurous, fun-in-the-sun, ocean themed camp! Say “Aloha” to Ariel, Moana, Dory, Nemo and more this camp filled with sharks, mermaids, pirates and many other fish friends!
- August 10-14: Princess 2 - Our Princess camps are so incredibly popular, we always have two, for twice the fun! This week, we'll dance with lots of Princesses & even a Queen, including Belle, Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty), Elsa, Anna, Snow White and more. Don't miss your last chance of the summer to enjoy the magical enchantment of dance camp!
*Open Classes during the first hour of each camp (M-Th only), 9am-10am. $10/class
Beginning/Elementary Dance Camps ages 7-10:
We have a mix of dance camps for this age group this Summer! This is a great opportunity for those new to dance, and classical ballet in particular, to learn the basics and "try out" different forms of dance. For the more experienced young dancer, this is your chance to increase your ballet technique while exploring new forms of dance. There may also be some crafts, a reading time (literacy is still important in the summertime), snack or lunch time (bring your own) and/or some extra fun activities. There will also be a presentation on the last day for parents!
- June 8-12, 9am-1pm: Beginning Ballet Princess Camp (ages 7-10) - Take your very first ballet classes this week while learning about the Princesses of the classical ballet world including Cinderella, Aurora, Clara (Princess of the Kingdom of the Sweets) and the Firebird Princesses. Beginning contemporary and jazz classes, crafts, etc. will make this the best start to your Summer imaginable! Bring your own snack/drink each day. Cost: $145
- June 22-26, 1-4pm: Nutcracker Prep Camp (ages 7-10) - This is THE camp for young dancers with an interest in auditioning for The Nutcracker this coming year or sometime in the future! This camp will help you know what to expect at the auditions, what rehearsals are like and how the performance experience will be for a new participant. This camp would also be fun for new students that just love the Nutcracker (even with no interest in auditioning). Students will have a ballet class every day and other helpful classes including hair & stage make-up, pantomime (acting for dancers), costuming care and much more. Cost: $135
- July 13-17, 9am-3pm: Elementary Ballet Intensive (ages 8-10) - Have a young girl or boy that wants a taste of what it's like to go to a big Summer Intensive like the older dancers get to attend? Though the focus is on Ballet, other classes will include contemporary, jazz, hip-hop, hair & makeup and more! We'll also do some super fun activities and have rehearsals for an end of the week showing. *Students must have had a least one full year of classical ballet training to attend this Intensive. Cost: $170 (Bring lunch each day.)
- August 7-10, 9am-3pm: Sampler Dance Camp (ages 7-10) - You've never taken dance classes and you're not sure which type you might like to take in the future. Or maybe, you've taken ballet, but you want to see what some other forms of dance are like. If either is the case, then you are going to love this "sampler" camp which will introduce you to jazz, contemporary, hip-hop and, of course, ballet! You'll also get small tastes of tap, african, modern and ballroom, and enjoy some fun dance-related activities, too. Cost: $170 (Bring lunch each day.)
Other Specialized Dance Camps:
- June 8-12, 1-4pm: Conditioning Camp (Int/Adv levels, ages 11 & up) - Want to work on your core, flexibility, muscle strength and your overall healthy dancer's body? We are thrilled to be offering this new camp! Our hope is to train dancers how to keep their body in the best healthy-shape possible. Classes will include ballet, pilates, deep stretching, yoga, feet & ankle strengthening (for pointe work) and more. This camp would also make a great preparation for any upcoming Summer Intensives you will be attending. Cost: $150
- July 6-10, 1-5pm: Choreography Camp (Int/Adv levels, ages 11 & up) - This new camp is designed for the dancer that not only loves to dance, but has a real creative side! Let your imagination soar as you explore time, space, shapes, dynamics and partner work. Though the focus will be on ballet and contemporary dance, students will be encouraged to find their own voices as story tellers through movement. Cost: $170
- August 10-14, 1-5pm: Jazz & Hip-Hop Camp (ages 10-13) - Classic jazz dance incorporates a deep sense of rhythym, energetic movements and body isolations. It is the foundation of musical theatre dance and most of our pop-culture dance. Hip-Hop is one of the most recent forms of dance evolving from street dancing. Students will learn a "Chicago" style jazz dance and a fun, high-energy Hip-Hop dance, as well! Cost: $140
- More specialized camps to be announced soon including our very first Dancing Above the Barre camp for kids with special needs!
To register for our Summer Camps, click HERE.
To download our Summer Camp Registration Form click HERE.
Summer Open Classes
Ages 3-6: Monday-Thursdays, 9-10am - during the first hour of our camps above
Ages 7-10: (all elementary Ballet classes)
June 15-18 - 10:30am-11:30am
July 13-16 - 9:00am-10:00am
Aug. 17-20 - 10:30-11:30am
June 15-18 - 11:30am-1:00pm (Ballet)
July 13-16 - time TBA
Aug. 17-20 - 11:30am-1:00pm (Ballet), 1:00-2:00pm (Jazz M/W, Contemporary Tu/Th)
Ages 13 & up:
June 15-18 - 1:00-2:30pm (Ballet), 2:30-3:30pm (Contemporary M/W, Pointe Tu/Th)
July 13-16 - time TBA
Aug. 17-20 - 1:00-2:30pm (Ballet), 2:30-3:30pm (Contemporary M/W, Pointe Tu/Th)
Cost: One hour classes: $10/class - One & a half hour classes: $15/class Full Week of Unlimited Classes: $75/week
Register at your first class and then simply pay whenever you come to class. More classes may be listed at a later date. Keeping checking this page for updates!
Greensboro Ballet students, having completed at least Elementary Ballet 3 level or higher, are eligible to be volunteer Helpers with our Children's Dance Camps. Any of these students that are also enrolling in an afternoon camp may stay at the Ballet from Noon-1pm under the guidance of our staff. Students should bring their own lunch and drink. Sign-up to be a Helper with either our Registrar, Lisa Sheffield, or our Interim School Director, Nina Munda. Be sure to let them know if you plan to stay and eat lunch at the Ballet.
*****The School of Greensboro Ballet was the WINNER of Triad Moms on Main's 2019 Best Child Enrichment Program (GSO/Burlington)! Come find out why!*****